When I was out Christmas shopping at a local baby store last week, the owner approached me and asked how old Lady A was, I said she was 2 months and he mentioned that a casting agent just called looking for a baby girl less than three months and was I interested? He didn't know what it was for but that they needed the baby for Monday. Intrigued, I called the Agent and told her about Lady A and at first she said she was too old as the scene was for a newborn. As Lady A is still a little thing, weighing in last week at 9 pounds 2 ounces, and still in newborn clothes, I sent off some pictures and the agent called back saying she would work and that they were shooting on Monday. As we had a agent for L and went to several auditions, this was so much easier and it was a paying gig (money for the college fund).
 |
| Sleeping in the trailer |
 |
| Hanging out and first smile caught on camera! |
 |
| Trailer for "Baby" |
 |
| Getting ready for her close up |
 |
| The medical advisor, four kids of her own and in love with Lady A |
We arrived for our call time (thanks to a dear friend of mine for helping me navigate a call sheet, all this was new to me after all and she had a career in film and TV) at 1:00 and Lady A was fast asleep. I brought our basinette on the stroller and the Production Assistant set us up in our very own trailer! Bigger that our cabin and equipped with a fireplace, we waited in the trailer for two hours and Lady A slept and played. I took advantage of the craft service and then, just as she was falling asleep for her late afternoon nap, we were called upon and shuttled to set. The actor who would be her mom and the midwife in the scene were in the shuttle with us. Lady A slept on me in the Bjorn while they rehearsed and then it was her turn. I thought it was going to be her crying the entire time as we had to wake her up, but she was so mesmerized by all the lights and candles in the scene that she did not make a peep! They put goo on her head (apple sauce and red food colouring) and in three takes it was over. She cried for the last take as they had to re-adjust the towel she was being held in and I think she was a bit cold and tired, we did just wake her up after all! It was a very neat experience and it was cool to see all that goes into one episode of a TV show. I wish I could have taken some pictures of the set, but was unable to do so as they had to film another scene. Everyone on set was so nice and could not believe how good she was!
No comments:
Post a Comment