When L was six months old we introduced a comfort object in hopes to help her settle back to sleep. Her "teddy" as she named it at 11 months became a staple with her at naps and bedtime. It is a small bear with three knots on the end and is off white. She sucks on each knot and it is now more of a brown. It is actually really gross. I bought three when she started to really become attached so we would not have a meltdown when it needed a wash or if we were ever to forget one. She likes that it is gross and when I switch out for a clean one asks why it is not wet. We try to limit Teddy to bedtime and naps and it does not leave the house unless we are staying somewhere overnight. In addition to Teddy she also has a Pooh Bear that she got for her first birthday.
When Lady A arrived Grandpa sent a box of gifts for her and with one outfit was a little blanket that L asked if she could have it. She sleeps with it and we did not realize how attached to it she has become. Yesterday I told her we needed to wash it if we wanted to bring it to Mexico. She happily helped put the blanket in the wash. And then lost it. She stood outside the laundry door and cried for the entire wash cycle. Good thing we have more than one Teddy. I don't think I could handle the meltdown every time he needed a wash. It is also good to have a backup when you can't find it at bedtime. Who would think to look inside the toy BBQ for him? Do I now need to hunt down a back up for the blanket?!
And as for Pooh, how do you wash an object that reads "surface washable only"?
So we are now on three comfort objects! Good thing she has her own backpack to carry her things when we go away!




No comments:
Post a Comment