Monday, 23 May 2011

Island Life

May Long Weekend!

The long weekend starts off with glorious sunshine which we had not seen the likes of in as long as I can remember. You know it has been way to long when you bust out the capri pants and flip flops and your toddler points at your bare legs and exclaims "naked!", yikes, we need some spring like weather!

We pack up the truck and head to the Marina to spend the weekend off on the island. I have packed shorts, sunscreen and beach towels, this is going to be fun!! I did also pack the rain jackets and gum boots, but we won't be needing those, the weather forecast is going to be wrong! We get up to the island after a wonderful boat ride where we spotted (well JP did, I missed it) a pod of dolphins.

Off L goes to bed and we start a fire and sit around the campfire dreaming of what to do next with the property. We wake up on Saturday to rain, and not just "oh it may clear up", but what the Coast is famous for - rain rain rain. A toddler gets bored of your 100 sq ft mini cabin pretty quick, so on goes the Muddy Buddy and off we go exploring, rain and all.  L didn't seem to mind, as rain brings puddles and with dirt roads, the rain brings big muddy puddles - what fun!!


Where is the next puddle?

Rain? Who cares!?

First Taste of Roasted Marshmellow!

No comments:

Post a Comment